This is a moment...

 I'm going through my miscellaneous scrap folder, in the hope to one day clear out my front room, so someone can walk in there, sit down, read a book, lie down and have sleep, etc. Meanwhile, this first step for humankind...


50th page in, and to be kept, is a hand written note, by me, dated 0610hrs 5th December 2018.  It is then annotated with a further note dated 'and now 26th December 2018'.


This is a moment

Similar to realising how lovely is music

Camille and Alex are with Child. Recently.

Floods of memory and circumstance.

I am sorry.

I do not know why.

But you start so afresh.

Parents.

Children

It only matters - who cares.

We care.


Then the note of 'and now 26th Dec 2018':

Soon this embryo will be stable enough 

that the parents may celebrate and extend 

the news that it will most likely grow

to be human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim: The Glue in the Medical Advice

On Caring for the Spouse

On Resisting the Jealousy of Others